7/27/13

A little more progress on the Nintendo PC.

This post once again is pretty late on going up since I did this work almost 2 weeks ago but like always time is my worst enemy lol. Anyhoo on to the nitty gritty. Here you will see my current work area IE the dining room table lol.
For my first task I had to cut out all the unnecessary materiel on the bottom portion of the Nintendo. The middle had this raised area that had to be dremeled out. The big hole in the middle wont matter much since I will be covering it with some aluminum sheeting when I install the motherboard.
The next step was squaring out the port holes where the controllers plug in. I had to do this due to the fact that the retro usb plugs I had ordered were square and not with a angled notch on one side like the original ports were.
Next up was modifying the retro usb ports so that they fit through the holes I just squared out. Once again my best friend the dremel came to the rescue
If you notice I had to dremel out the top of the port, this served two purposes, one was because it wouldn't pass through the hole, and second, its a stop preventing the port sticking out anymore than it should. This part almost marked the first time I got to use my Dial calipers in order to measure out how much material I had to grind away.
.
I had to do something similar to the bottom, only difference was there was nothing to grind off. Instead I had to glue a piece of thick sturdy cardboard.
Next thing to work on is something to mount the ports to the bottom of the Nintendo and hopefully install the motherboard. Alas all that will have to wait though, because hopefully this week I will finally have the lathe moved into the shed. Till next post!





No comments:

Post a Comment