2/5/13

HGA,Gun Mount, and Filler Plug done.

After working on the pond for a little bit today I was able to finish up 3 other parts on the Proton Pack.
The first and probably one of the easiest pieces was the HGA, pretty standard stuff here just some simple cylinders. The weld line around the top was easy after all that I learned from the Crank Gen.
Next up was the Gun Mount. Now this thing was a little bit of a pain took me about 2 days of work to finish it.
Again knowing what to expect after working on the Crank Gen helped alot for this piece.
The longest thing about this part was trying to find out if the whole part tapers down or just the left part with the ribs. After a long exhausting research spree I finally found out that the whole part tapers down. On a side note the black pack in the back ground in the last pic I did not do, I found it on google warehouse and basically Iam using it as a reference for some of the parts I couldn't find real pictures of.
And finally the Filler plug/spacer this part goes on top of the cyclotron.
This was another simple part to make (Thank god lol), which was nice since Ive been running on fumes today.
All in all a really productive day, and tomorrow Iam off from work so Iam hoping for a repeat of today. Till next time.







No comments:

Post a Comment