1/28/13

Sketchup Proton Pack in progress.

Well seems I get distracted very easily lol, but Ive been itching to work on my proton pack again but I dont want to start that big of a build just yet. So since Iam dead in the water again with the Pond I figure Id make it in Sketch up, heres the progress so far.
This has been about a couple hours worth of work spread out from the last 3 days, for the most part its just about done. I started by using the same Blue Prints I used to make the wooden one I started a couple years ago, thus putting my skills that I learned from the Blue Print class I took last year this is what I have so far. I can tell you this, I understand those blue prints a hell of alot better now than when I originally used them on the wooden one lol, but I knew it was running a little too smooth so naturally I hit a snag that had me all flustered for about a couple hours.
This bad boy was a pain, I had to figure out how to cut a angle out of this channel to match the rest of the slope shown here, so after alot of trial and error and a bunch of research online. I find out it was actually a pretty easy fix, all I had to was take the channel out and take a the slant part and intersect them, basically I took both shapes and stuck them into each other then in sketchup intersected both objects and it gave me my lines that I could just erase and Wallah!! I finally had my angle cut channel. I should have this all finished probably tonight or tomorrow. Till next update!

No comments:

Post a Comment