6/9/13

Proton Pack Finished........finally!

Well after a long hiatus, Ive been back to full swing working on and off again. Here is the final product the finished pack....well sorta. Iam still working on the gun or wand as its called, but hey I got the main pack down and out of the way.
Iam always finding new things about the pack every time I do research on a part. Recently I discovered that the blue prints are in fact not that accurate at all. Seeing that alot of the pieces as I was putting it all together didn't really fit, which led into some clipping issues(You will notice them in some of the views). This little project was supposed to be a little distraction that was supposed to be only a weeks worth of work lol. Boy was I wrong, Ive been working on this thing on and off for probably around 3 to 4 months and technically Iam still not 100% finished. For now Iam happy and it will serve its purpose as a reference for when I physically make it.
Another thing I stumbled upon last night was that the Cyclotron, the middle cake pan with the 4 washers on it, was to tall. So I had to make a new one. Luckily it wasn't one of the harder parts so I was able to whip up another one in about a hour.
Chalk up another project under the belt, and heres to many more. Stay tuned for more updates on the gun/wand. Till next time.



4 comments:

  1. Hey,
    I was wondering if you'd be willing to share files? I'm starting to work on a 3D printed pack and it would be extremely helpful.

    Best,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the late response, but yeah Id love to except I dont know how lol. If you could tell me how Ill be glad to share them. Thanks for the comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. building my own proton pack out of foam and having a model like this would be amazing even if the measurements are off a bit from being able to rotate it in 3d would be awesome. i haven't used sketch up in Forever cause i wasn't good at it. but i think you just would upload a copy of the save file. if not i think there is an option to share it on the 3d warehouse.. File--3d warehouse--share. then you sign in never had anything to share but give that a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about the late reply, Ill see if I can share it through the warehouse today. Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete